One professional organization I found was, The NASPE or national association for sports and physical education. They offer national conferences starting in the summer and prices usually range from 350 to 550. Student’s usually get a discount to pay 150 unless they miss the deadline. In which, they would have to pay the standard fee.The fees cover five meals, including two breakfasts, two luncheons and the Opening Reception at the NCAA Hall of Champions, as well as a free tour of Lucas Oil Stadium with registration..The National conference is held in downtown Indianapolis,at the Hyatt Regency it offers 23 workshops and general sessions taught be university administrators. The NASPE use resources such as the Teacher’s guide and Activity Guide tok provide information. These books are offered through workshops and online retail.
Classroom intro using voki for web.
The digital divide was a termed used in the mid 90’s. It was a growing gap between those who had computers, and those who did not. According to Nielsen research about 72 percent of americans now use the internet. Just because majority of americans have access to a computer or use one, doesn’t mean every child has that privilege . As teacher’s you have to take that into consideration. As a teacher I would let my students get a foundation set first, like a starting point. Learn the basic materials on the computers, get a good understanding of what is going on. Then the students can have fun with playing games, doing homework assignments, blogging, and things of that nature. Developing internet skills is a wonderful thing to start at an early age, especially when some jobs might require internet skills. Our world revolves around the internet.
Learning styles in the classroom.
Learning styles are helpful in the classroom because majority of the teachers only teach one way, and I think this needs to change. This is why i do not agree with David Glenn form the chronicle. Glenn wrote that the students will learn the material no matter how it’s taught. I think that you need to know what your students are interested in and find out what works for them. Instead, of just teaching one style that just teaches 60 percent of the class and leaving out the other 40 percent to learn on their on. This is why i think learning styles do come in effect with learning the material. I think the teacher should give out surveys to see if the students are introvert, extrovert, etc… Things like that so the teachers will know how to teach to the class. Presenting the material to the children in one way affects other children in the room because every child is given the opportunity to learn and succeed and by learning one way at a very young age could cause that child to be set up for failure in the future. As a child your mind is all over the place so just hearing one set way of teaching will be boring, you need to have fun in school and be interactive. Even though things are hard to learn like geography, I think it is possible to make it as simple as possible. Topics that will help the children memorize easier .This is why I think that learning styles are helpful.
Define: The flip classroom is basically the invert of how classes are taught today. Having more time to do homework inside of class, and viewing online lectures outside of the classroom. It is a neat way to keep up with the lectures at your own pace and really get the hands on learning in the classroom, through teaching concepts like activities, puzzles, etc… The idea of the flipped classroom seem’s like a very cool idea. In all actuality students are not going to sit in front of a computer and look at the computer screen for an hour to view a lecture. A short crisp video no more then 7 minutes, would be a perfect learning video for students, so they can remember what they learned and be able to discus it either online or in class. Research has shown that the flip reduces more then half of the percentages, allowing students to pass more of their classes.
I think this is a wonderful way to learn. Students get to be more interactive in the classroom, instead of sitting there bored, listening or writing down notes that they are not going to look over later, or not going to remember what they are writing. Many students are up to date on technology anyway so it wouldn’t be that hard to get started. Students no days have Facebook, Twitter, and all other kinds of social networks, but not everybody has access to the internet so the flip has its up’s and down’s.
I would use the flip 2 times a week in my classroom. I want my students to come to class the other days so I can get involved and really get a hands on for the students, work with them and get to know how they learn and what they can improve on to get better.
This site is an interactive site that shows what happened in the attack on pearl harbor. You can find all the ships that fought in the war against the Japanese.